Preschool and Kindergarten Program
Ages 3-6 Years
In 1907, Dr. Maria Montessori opened her first preschool in a poverty-stricken community in Rome. She captured the world’s attention when her preschool students outperformed children from affluent neighborhoods in Italian school assessments. Dr. Montessori’s results inspired educators across the globe to study her method, and soon Montessori preschools began opening all over the world. Today, Mission Montessori is proud to offer the one-of-a-kind, holistic, child-led approach to early childhood education that Dr. Montessori pioneered over one hundred years ago.
Our Students Thrive Here at Mission Montessori Because Of:
- Highly skilled, Montessori-certified teachers. Our classrooms are led by highly trained educators. All of our lead teachers go through intensive Montessori training where they learn how to implement the Montessori curriculum and approach. They understand how much preschoolers and kindergarteners, given the right environment and instruction, are truly capable of.
- A family-like mixed-age community of children ages three-to-six years old in one classroom. Why mixed ages? Dr. Montessori observed that children learn a lot not just from adults, but from other children. Mixed-age classrooms allow for family-like community and an individualized approach where each child progresses through the curriculum at their own pace.
- A three-hour morning work period in which children are given the time, space, and structure to focus and engage deeply in work they are excited about. We strongly encourage you to come on a tour to see a morning work period in action!
- Authentic Montessori materials that were developed and designed over many decades by Dr. Maria Montessori. These materials help children develop their independence, learn many practical life skills from sewing to shoe polishing to flower arranging, and learn literacy, math, music, science, and more.
- A beautiful, inspiring environment, which means bright, clean, spaces that inspire children to want to learn more.